Download the podcast (19.7MB)
As the world stumbles into a new decade, we at the Harp Surgery find ourselves contemplating the future. But weâ€™re not thinking about jetpacks or three-course meals that you can take as a pill. No, weâ€™re thinking about the future of the harmonica. Okay, jetpacks would also be pretty cool, but for his debut podcast, Elwood the Apprentice mumbles his way through five young players who are poised to become rising stars of the harmonica.
Elwood’s first podcast is a little ragged, but then so is he when you meet him. Here’s the tracklist:
1. Jay Gaunt: â€śGreensleevesâ€ť [traditional]
Gear: C harp in third position
2. Nic Clark (with Boa & the Constrictors): â€śEarly in the Morningâ€ť [John Lee Williamson]
Gear: C harp in second position; G harp in first position
Turf: Watch this space
3. Rachelle Plas: â€śI Feel Goodâ€ť [James Brown]
Gear: G harp F harp in second position
4. Brandon Bailey: â€śDevil Take My Soulâ€ť [Son of Dave]
Gear: G harp in second position; Akai Headrush E2 pedal
5. Will Pound: â€śTurkish Delightâ€ť [Will Pound]
Gear: Chromatic harp in C
Stay tuned for the next Harp Surgery podcast, which will feature better production values and a gorgeous new weather girl. To request a theme or get yourself featured in the Harp Surgery podcast, give us a shout in the comment box below.
Elwood is running the Harp Surgeryâ€™s Apprenticeship blog