Our Lady of blessed acceleration don’t fail me now
As we know, every Blues Harp player grows twitchy when they hear the sound of Cop Cars in pursuit. Unless, of course, they happen to be driving one themselves. But have you ever tried to imitate the sound of a police chase on the harmonica? Grab your nearest diatonic and we’ll take a look. But before we do, just a few words from our sponsors, fresh from the Mount Prospect City police auction..
- Jake: The Caddy. Where’s the Caddy?
- Elwood: It’s been traded for a microphone.
- Jake: I can see that.
- Elwood: Like it?
- Jake: No I don’t like it
- [Elwood floors the gas pedal and leaps an opening drawbridge]
- Jake: Car’s got a lot of pickup
- Elwood: It’s got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it’s got cop tyres, cop suspension, cop shocks. It’s a model made before catalytic converters so it’ll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
- [ a brief pause as Jake lights his cigarette with a Zippo lighter – having previously thrown the electric car lighter out of the window]
- Jake: Fix the cigarette lighter (more…)